Saturday, July 2, 2011

Dagonia ( Chapter 1)

" I'll swear to protect the princess." a voice said.
" Please do. I don't want my daughter to be in danger just because of those dragon hunters." said King Seris worriedly." We are dragon protectors. My daughter's life maybe in danger because of protecting the dragons." As he said the "dragon protectors" one of his eye suddenly became green.
He is the King of Dragon Protectors in a land so called Dragonia. This land is inhabited with Dragons and Dragon Protectors ( which are humans). It is not know to many human being as it was surrounded with a thick mist that enables it to remain invisible for quite sometime.
Dragon protectors are special kind of humans. Their eyes become green when they activated their inner powers. It enables them to become twice stronger and wiser. Sometimes, royal family becomes trice or four times stronger.
****
" Faster Sylvia!" happy and delighted, Devon said while running in the fields.
" Wait Miranda! Your so fast! I'm still a small dragon you know. I'm not as fast as my father." A 2 year old, 6 1/2 feet violet dragon said while catching up with her.
Miranda Devon is her name. She is fair-skinned, her hair is smooth, long, shiny and black, her eyes are chesnut-coloured, but when she activate her powers, it becomes shiny emerald green. She has a perfect body and face. She has a fair complexion.
" Ha-ha.. I know. I know... But I'll still race you up that tree then go back. Koronus!" A bigger blue dragon suddenly appeared. About 10 feet long. It is a 3 years older than Sylvia.  It is blue in color and its Sylvia's brother.
" Hey! No fair! Koronus will always win! He is of course faster than me!" she said irritated.
Devon laughed.
" Don't laugh Devon! It's not funny! You know he always win!" she said irritated by the fact she always lose.
" Ha-ha. I'm laughing because you always react so fast! Koronus is just here to start the race." she said.
Her brother laughed a bit. " Let's start?"
3...
2...
1…
Koronus breathed fire. A sign that the race already start.
Devon run normally. Sylvia is already meters ahead of her flying. She grinned and then  concentrated. She closed her eyes. And when she opened it, green eyes appeared. It enabled her to run faster. She and Sylvia turn around at the same time. But Devon win the race using her so called “ green-eye power”.
" Yes!" both her hands were up in the air. " Gee, I lost again. Why do you always use your powers? Your father told you not to use it out here in the fields right?" Sylvia said worriedly, flapping her wings three times before landing on the ground.
Sylvia's father said that when they are in the fields they must not let Devon use her powers. For she is not safe. Some dragon hunters might kill their kinds so they can freely kill dragons. Because without dragon protectors, dragons might be gone in Dragonia now.
" Well, father don't know right? So I can freely use my powers." she said. Devon is a naughty girl. She usually messes around. She always get scolded but its nothing to her.
" But Devon, you need to understand that it can be dangerous." Koronus suddenly said who was silent earlier.
" Nah! I can take care of myself" she said looking at the horizon before her.
" Don't be too sure that you'll always be safe. The island of the Dragon hunters is just near us." Koronus said worriedly.
" Their island is far not near. It'll be days before they arrived and we always know when they already arrive or not. We have alarms right?" she said turning to him.
Koronus and Sylvia let out a silent sigh. " Well we must go home now. It's getting dark already."
****
" Son! I have great news for you!!! Dragonia had been spotted again!" said King Robertius gleefully as he entered his son’s room.
" Oh the island the turned visible then invisible. AND infested with non-existing creatures!" James said irritated. Oh, crud here we go again… he thought. Sometimes because of that, he thinks that his father was crazy. He doesn't like his father talking about that place that doesn't even officially exist.
James, the next heir for the throne. A very brave guy he is. He was a master of swords and horses. His features made all princesses from the other island fall in love with him. Young maidens, adored him like he was a god. He was a perfect guy. But he is quite arrogant, if you ask me. ( the writer, of course. XD Now, on with the story.)
King Robertius ignored him." Son, be ready. We must get at least one dragon from Dragonia. We'll leave tomorrow. I guess it'll be a day and a half before we reach the island." said King Robertius cheerfully.
" Father, you said that some of our men died every time they go to Dragonia. Only few of them survive. Why did you still come? Your life could be in danger too." said the worried James. " Even though I don't believe you." he mumbled to himself.
" I want that dragon to be a gift for you birthday son." he said looking at the sea changing his expression to a more serious one. " Dragon's heart are powerful. Other enemies will not be able to kill you easily. That heart will give you power and you can even reach a thousand years." he added.
" But Father, you said it was only a myth." James said.
" No it wasn't. Son, my great great great great grandfather said that to my great great great grandfather and he told it to my great great grandfather and he told it to my great grandfather to my grandfather and to my father and to me that it was not a myth. It is true. Because, 2000 years ago a man named King Orius had killed a dragon. He strike his sword in its heart. A bright light surrounded him. Which by the way,the dragon was gone by that time. He suddenly felt something. He pointed his sword here and there. He felt extremely different.
He went back to the kingdom. A wise wizard came to him and said, " Majesty, a dragon's heart can grant you power. A power that can last for a thousand years." Then the king tried to conquer an island without not much preparation but they still won. So when people knew about this power, they began going to the island where dragons are said to be living. This is this island but the dragon flew away already and nowhere to be found. Until to this day, when one of our men spotted a flying dragon." he said looking at the sky.
" They were magnificent creatures... And they give you powers." he added.
" Father, I don't need any powers," he retorted.
" There is just more than power my son. I wanted to take revenge." he said trying not to look pitiful.
" What do you mean?" James said with full of curiosity.
 " Your mother didn't die of a simple accident as I told you," he began. " When you were five, the dragons were discovered. Your mother joined us in search of dragons. She died, a black dragon had killed her.  I never saw but I heard. I heard your mother shout. The next thing I knew more men are getting killed and we're fleeing. I wanted to kill at least one dragon so I could avenge the death of your mother." He looked away from his son, trying to hide the tears of longing.
James felt terrible. " Sorry son, for not telling the truth. I thought it was the best not to tell you, but I guess this is the right time for you to know."

****
" Father, sorry I'm late. I visited King Certus earlier. I accompanied Sylvia and Koronus to their father." Devon explained. She was scared by how her father looked at her when she arrived in front of their house.
" I told you that don't use your powers when you are at the fields. Other people might see you!" her father warned her again for the 5th time this week.
" Father, we have alarms right. So if there are outsiders, we will know." she said not minding what her father said. " And did you just sent another spy?! " she asked irritatedly.
" Ugh! Devon, I have enough of your excuses! You are a princess. The only heir I have. You will be the next ruler of the Dragonians. If something happened..." he paused for a while then sigh. "When will you understand that I'm just doing this for you! It's for your own good!" King Seris walked out and went to the hall.
" Father..." she murmured. She felt terrible answering to her father again that way.
" Devon, you must understand your father too." a woman approached her and held both of her hands.
" Illah Theresa, I haven't seen you for quite a while. Where have you been?" Devon hugged her tight.
" Well as usual, with Illah Quen. I'm training with him." she replied smiling.
" Quen? Really? Ha-ha... I haven't seen that guy for quite a while too." she laughed a bit. She remembered that guy when she was still training, Quen decided to stay, and become like Theresa, an Illah.
Illahs are special part of the dragon protector society. They help with protecting the dragons. They are the one who specializes with the alarms. And they keep on training everyday to help them have more strength, dexterity, agility, and power. In short, they are like soldiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment