Sunday, May 15, 2011

Are We Just Friends? ( Chapter 30)

“Well, well, well, look who’s here. If it isn’t the new director of Monteverde Company...” Emily said with of course the coldness in her voice.

“Good morning too, Ms. Reyes.” MM said sarcastically and manages to fake a smile. She really can’t take that girl. That way she act, dress, looks, almost all of Emily’s being  irritates her.

She really doesn’t want to have a ride with DD. She is so not ready for it now. She wanted to have her own relaxing quiet space to think, about what happened this past few days... but with a chatterbox around, how can she think?!

She is really irritated when Emily asked her a stupid question. “What make-up do you wear today?!” Emily looks irritated. Maybe because she is jealous that she looks better than her. “I’m wearin’ some light foundation and concealer, and powder, some white eyeliner, curled my lashed and put some mascara, La Rose Deco powder for my cheeks and a tinted lip balm. Happy?!”She said in like less than 10 seconds? She cannot take her. Really. She popped out from nowhere then DD told her to get in the car.

She sternly looked at her diamond coated watch. 8:30. Then she looked at the driveway. They were still 1-2 miles away from the office. Her first meeting is 9:00 am! And still, it’s traffic! What a bad day! She thought.

“Dee is there any shortcut around here?” she said glaring at his back. “Well, I don’t think so...” he said almost whispering. He knows she has some sort of private meeting with the board. And she cannot be late. He felt bad...

“Urgh!” she was annoyed. “How long will it take if I walk from here?” she asked in a frustrated voice. “Uhm, I don’t really know... I never did that.” Dee answered back scratching his hair.

“Hmmp!” she started to gather her bag with all her things. She went out of the car. Dee was flabbergasted with MM’s actions. “I’ll walk from here!” he heard her say before she disappeared in the crowd on the pedestrian lane.

“Oh, your friend MM, ran away again.” She said as she rubbed her chin thoughtfully.

***

“8:45” she thought. She was losing hope to find the office. Then she caught sight of it. Thank goodness! She ran in her new Prada stilettos.

She was catching her breath when she reaches her office. 8:50. At least, she got there 10 minutes before the meeting.

“Ms. Monteverde are you okay?” her secretary asked puzzled.

“I’m fine Amy, don’t worry about me.” She said assuring her.

“Ma’am the board room is ready.” Her secretary announced.

“Okay, thanks!” she said grabbing her laptop for their meeting.

***

Her so called 'important meeting' turned out be some boring speeches made by the people from the board. All throughout the meeting, she played with her pen. 

She got out of the board room frustrated as she received a bouquet of white roses on her way back to her office. The note said “MM, please forgive me."

"Jerk!" she mumbled. 

***

After office hours...

"Well lookie here, looks like you are going to ride with us again..." an uninteresting voice said. Of course she knew who it was. It was only, the only girl that gets into her nerves whenever she hear her name, her voice or something about her, Emily Reyes.

She glared at her then stepped inside the car. If glaring could kill, this one could. She thought. She giggled softly. She imagined her strangling Emily's neck while telling her to shut up her bloody mouth.

“DD, when can we have our DATE? Saturday are you free?" Emily asked. Obviously stressing the word 'date'. She was probably getting her to become jealous. She glared at her more then to DD.

“I’m not Emily. Sorry, it’s my first week, and I have to work even on Saturdays. Mom insisted." he answered.

MM smirked. 1 point MM. 0 for Emily. She is a fail for this round. 'LoLz' she mouthed.

“MM, when will Tee visit you here?" Emily turned and asked. She swears she saw her smiling evilly. It was night time, it was hard to see faces but she definitely saw her smiling that way. She gave her a you-know-what-happen-already look. It was all over the news. Rumours about her and Tee breaking up which was definitely true. Emily was born, eavesdropper on her opinion. She shrugged as a reply to Emily's question.

“Both of you doing okay?" she asked again. And MM shrugged again.

“Lovers’ quarrel?" she asked again and MM shrugged again.

“Emily stop that... She is having some problems with him..." DD whispered to Emily. But his voice was loud enough for her to hear him.

She looked at him so intensely. She wanted to throw him somewhere. Somehow, she felt like, DD is sharing her secrets to chatterboxes who could never keep their mouth shut, like Emily. DD felt his hair in his body stand. “O-oh" he mumbled.

 They turned in a curve, she was curious, “Where are we going?" she asked glaring at particularly nothing.

“Dropping Emily to her house." DD answered back steering the wheel to get inside a subdivision.

Silence was after they dropped Emily to her house. Nothing speaks at all, well except for the radio that was playing some random love songs.

Then a song played, Battle Field by Jordin Sparks 

(Bold words are MM's thoughts)

Don't try to explain your mind
I know what's happening here
Yeah I do know that...
One minute it's love
And suddenly it's like a battlefield
You're right... 
 
One word turns into a war
Cheating...That's the word alright...
Why is it the smallest things that tear us down?
It hurts if it’s just that small but it hurts more if it’s big
My world's nothing when you don't
Kind of...
I'm not here without a shield
Because I don’t wanna get hurt again
Can't go back now
I really don’t want to...

Both hands, tied behind my back with nothing
Oh no, these times when we climb so fast to fall again
Why we gotta fall for it now
Why?

I never meant to start a war
I really did not, you do!
You know I never wanna hurt you
I didn’t meant to leave you for my work...
Don't even know what we're fighting for
I really don’t know...
 
Why does love always feel like a battlefield
A battlefield, a battlefield?
Why does love always feel like a battlefield
A battlefield, a battlefield?
Why does love always feel like?
I hate a battlefield!

Can't swallow our pride
Neither of us wanna raise that flag
If we can't surrender then we both gonna lose
What we had, oh no
I guess I’d rather lose

Both hands tied behind my back with nothing
Oh no, these times when we climb so fast to fall again
I don't wanna fall for it now

I never meant to start a war
You know I never wanna hurt you
Don't even know what we're fighting for
<sighs>
 
Why does love always feel like a battlefield
A battlefield, a battlefield?
Why does love always feel like a battlefield
A battlefield, a battlefield?
Why? Why? Why?


I guess you better go and get your armor
(Get your armor)
Get your armor
I guess you better go and get your armor
(Get your armor)
Get your armor
I guess you better go and get your
I guess...

We could pretend that we are friends tonight
(Oh, oh, oh) Right!
And in the morning we'll wake up and we'll be alright
Yeah, but for me it’s too late...

'Cause baby, we don't have to fight
And I don't want this love to feel like
I don’t want a battlefield, but on my opinion, it’s done... We are done!

A battlefield, a battlefield, a battlefield
Why does love always feel like a battlefield
A battlefield, a battlefield

I guess you better go and get your armour

I never meant to start a war
You know I never wanna hurt you
Don't even know what we're fighting for
(Fighting, fighting for)

Why does love always feel like a battlefield
A battlefield, a battlefield?
Why does love always feel like a battlefield
A battlefield, a battlefield?

I guess you better go and get your armour
(Get your armour)
Get your armor
I guess you better go and get your armor
(Get your armor)
Get your armor

Why does love always feel like?
Why does love always feel like?
A battlefield, a battlefield

I never meant to start a war
Don’t even know what we're fighting for
I never meant to start a war
Don't even know what we're fighting for

Please don’t insist on getting us back together, it’s too late...

At the last lyrics of the song ended, her last tear dropped.

For her, that last tear will be the last tear she will cry for him. She will never cry because of him anymore. DD looked at her unexpectedly, he saw her wiped a tear. " MM, are you okay?" she asked him worriedly.

"I'm fine." she said after she sniffed. He glared at her by the mirror. " You sure?" he asked raising an eyebrow at her.

" Stop glaring!" she scowled at DD.

***
Sorry for the late updates. I was having Mid-Year Examinations here in Singapore right now.
And the past months, I've been studying, so sorry again
But, I'm still trying post updates even though sometimes its short.
So sorry again...<begs for forgiveness>
After I wrote this chapter I was flabbergasted for I write the whole in English
Anyways sorry again...
Comments are highly appreciated! Thanks for the people who are reading my fanfiction
After this, I have two fan fiction, on the line 
And this fan fiction will soon be finish.
Thanks to those who are commenting 
I'll try not to let you down for the last chapter 



1 comment:

  1. Late comment.. Pero pa-comment na rin.. Haha..

    Natawa ako sa part na nag-mouth si MM ng LoLz.. Naimagine ko itshura niya! Hahah.. Wala lang..

    ReplyDelete