Thursday, May 26, 2011

Are We Just Friends? ( Chapter 33)

 *Flashbacks*

It has been two weeks until the incident where Emily attacked her with insults because DD broke up with her. Emily is blaming her. At the moment she went inside the car, Emily began pounding the window. She cannot hear her clearly. But she can read what Emily's mouth says. " Please... another chance..."
She saw pain in Emily's eyes, but compared to her pain, MM's pain is greater. Emily cheated but still in pain but she didn't cheated but she is in pain...

" Dee, would you?" she asked doubtfully. DD started the engine again... He didn't talk. Outside Emily is still trying to open the door. DD was stating to move. But Emily blocked the way. Hopefully, security arrived and pulled her out of the way.

MM's POV

I sighed as I looked at Emily. Flirt. That's all what came out of my mind as the car moved. Leaving the poor flirt on the parking lot. I trying to look at DD's expression, but as usual, all I can see is his dark gaze. He was absentmindedly looking on the driveway. Poor him... 

DD's POV

I wanted to give her a chance. But after the revelations, I just, I just can't. All I can do now, is to... move on...

" Dee, are you okay?" I heard MM's voice.

" Y-yeah, of course..." I stutter. How stupid of me to stutter?! There was a lump in my throat. I wanted to give up. I wanted to cry. Somehow, MM felt that.

" Go ahead, cry your heart out... It will help you... I'm sure. Pull over and I'll do the driving. Or else, I'll kill you." I can't believe she can still manage to pull a joke on a serious situation. I hesitated to listen to her though.

" Dee, don't be a hard headed person. Just let it out..." she said calmly. I don't know why she is so calm right now, while earlier, she spanked and yelled at Emily.

I finally gave up. I pulled over the car. Just then, MM pulled out a bracelet from her bag and gave it to me.

MM's POV

Crap. Why does he stare at me like that?! When I was giving him the bracelet, he raised a eyebrow and gave me a what-the-heck-is-that look. I grabbed his hands and put the bracelet. I started the engine and drive.

Silence ate our beings. But I can hear him sniffing. Sign that he is crying... I sighed. " I told you cry it aloud. You can move on faster that way..." I told him. I saw something interesting on the road.

" What is the bracelet fo-" I cut him. " Wait here. I'm gonna buy something." 

DD's POV

I sighed, but I cannot stop myself. After she had go out, I started to cry. I covered my face and tried to stop. Then I looked at where MM was going. I looked in shock. Childish.

She went back with a plastic bag. I raised an eyebrow. She looked at me intently.

" I knew it. You would cry your heart out if there is nobody with you." she said trying to sound funny.

" And about the bracelet," she paused looking for some sort of answer on the road. " Well, um, nothing much, they said it help you recover from heartbreaks..." she said while turning on a curve.

" So, like a lucky charm?" I asked lightly chuckling.

" Most probably..." she said slightly grinning.

MM's POV

 I don't why, I should've told him, but my instincts tell me, don't. I sighed. I focused my mind on the driveway.

***
" MM, I didn't know its this hard to take when I got cheated..." DD said, he sighed and absentmindedly staring at me. I glanced at him, saw his feelings through his eyes. There was pain, hurt, sadness name it all... Suddenly, my mind began saying stuffs...

" Does he saw what you felt when you first knew about what Tee did?" my mind said challenging me into a fight.

I sighed again, trying to ignore what my mind was saying...

" I guess he is so busy with her flirty girlfriend that's why he never bother talking to you!" my mind is so irritating. Why can't I control it...

I hardened my grip on the steering wheel, pressed the gas, then after a minute or two, I abruptly stepped in the brake. Dee was flabbergasted. I guess he was floating on his thoughts and never noticed when I speed up.

" Sorry," I said. He sighed. " It's okay, I'll drive for now, I guess you are just tired from work. You've been thinking on a lot of things this past few days," he opened the car door and we switched places, he started the engine and we are back on the road, " And I also heard you booked a ticket to U.S. next month." he continued while me is staring at the street lights looking for some answers on what my mind asks. " Is is about-" he abruptly stop his sentence.

I looked at him, " Yeah," then I stared back at the street lights.

***
Comments are highly appreciated!
2 chapters na lang...
Salamat!

1 comment:

  1. confused about chap32? to whom she will end up and who will die ? i hope it is not DD...
    mm has strong character here, dd should be thankful having a friend like her..sis eventhough someone will die...hope that it is still a happy ending for dd and mm...
    keep it up...God bless you always!

    ReplyDelete