Thursday, May 19, 2011

Are We Just Friends ( Chapter 31)

*THE WHOLE TRUTH*

MM stepped out of the car quickly. DD shook his head. "What is happening to her again?" he mumbled. She had changed and all, ready to sleep, she keeps on looking for her Galaxy Tab. She needs it. "Urgh!" she scowled at herself. She remembered, she left it in the car.

She knocked at DD's door. " Yes?" answered a sleepy voice. " Can I borrow the keys of your car? I left my Galaxy Tab in there." she asked politely but not patiently.

" Sure. Just enter and get it in my table." DD answered. She entered and saw DD lying down in bed. "Tired from work right?"she asked as she picked up the keys of James's car.

" Yeah." he said then dozed off back to sleep.

She get in and saw her Samsung Galaxy Tab. She was about to close the car when she saw something beeping. It was a phone.It belongs to, no other than, the 'chatterbox' Emily Reyes. She saw, 4 missed calls, 3 messages, 2 voice mails.

Wow. She thought. " Now who is this?" she mumbled. She saw the names, All from Sam. Sam. Sam. She haven't seen that guy for months. Now why would he be calling or texting a girl like Emily?

She stormed off to DD's room as soon as she saw one message.

" DD!" her voice sounded like a bomb to DD. " How in the world of dreams let someone like you wake me up from a good dream I was having?!" he whined.

" Stop whining! Look at this!" she scowled at him.

At first everything was a blur to DD.

The message he see is that:

" Emily, why you somewhere with him date. Busy that? Love me? Bf-Gf DD?Can go we back before?"

" Huh? I don't understand what Sam is telling her." he said. He mixed up the message. Probably because he was still sleepy and his vision is still poor.

" You Dweeb! It says `Emily, why aren't you showing up to our date? Are you that busy? I thought you love me? We are Bf-Gf right? DD is not even paying attention with you right? Can we go back to before? We are happy together that time..." she frowned and looked at his expression. He cannot manage to talk. He just stared at the phone that seemed like forever.

He snatched the phone and looked at her. " You're probably making this all up!" he scowled at her.

She gave him a smirk of victory, well somewhat like that. " Well, if that's what you are thinking, let's see the other messages.

" Please call me. <3 Sam"

" Emily, my love please answer me... <3 Sam"

" I don't believe it." he said coldly staring at particularly nothing.

She rolled her eyes. How can this guy be so blind with a flirt like Emily? She asked herself.

" Well let's see the voice mails. I cannot possibly fake that!" she is a bit irritated.

" Emily, answer my call, did I do anything wrong, love? We call each other everyday. Why didn't you call me today? Please, love. Are you busy? If you are, sorry for bothering, but I love you" then the voice mail ended.

The second one, " Love you, Emily. Well, goodnight. I'll sing you our song, (Sings chorus of crazier by Taylor Swift) <Chuckles> Well, good night and hope you dream of me my love!"

DD seems not affected. She got irritated  and stand up, " Well, if you don't believe me, there are proofs. Your girlfriend is cheating on you. I'm just doing this for you so you won't look like an idiot still believing that you two are okay, but the fact is she is cheating on you. I just don't want you to look like me, I had been a fool to still believe he loves me, but he has another girl with him... The realization maybe hard to take, but now I'm trying to move on." MM said almost wanting to collapse on the floor. But she promised herself, not to cry because of him, she is over with him, at least that's what she knows.

She turned the knob of the door when she heard him sniff. She turned around and saw him for the first time, crying like a kid, tears overflows, she watched him, scroll the messages. The next thing she knew she was sitting beside him, trying to comfort him.

***

She woke up at around 1 am, she had slept in DD's room. She never realized that she dozed off while comforting him. She looked at his face, full of hurt. The same look she had when she first knew about how Tee cheated on her. The next thing she needs to do is help him move on like her.

She went back to her room. She saw rubbish all over her room. Since Saturday, she is free, she going to burn all those rubbish, and she means by rubbish are their pictures, the letters Tee had sent, little gifts like CD's of his movies, and she looked in her jewelry box, she is going to return the jewelries he had given her. He is going to be out of her life.

She is going to file a leave for a week. She is going to America and return it personally and to clear things up. To end their relationship completely. Thinking on all of it, she dozed off.

***
7 am.

She was preparing for work and so was DD. DD seemed he didn't see the messages yesterday. He was happy as a grinning cat. ( Though cats doesn't really smile) " Are you okay?" MM asked worriedly.     " Yeah, better than ever!" he said and then head to his car with MM. " Strange." MM mouthed.

" Do you have any meetings or what so ever?" DD asked her. " Nope, actually I can stay at home, but just in case there is some meetings." she replied putting on her diamond coated watch on her hand.

" Can we drop by on Ann and Ian's houses first? I wanted to apologize..." he said almost whispering.

" Apologize for what?" she asked, confused.

" Well, Ann was trying to tell me before that Emily has been cheating on me, but I never listened to her. One time, Ian and I saw them fighting. I go on Emily's side of course, which made I an angry because I hurt Ann's feelings...' he said then sighed.

" Thank you for helping me realize all of it." he said and caught glimpse of her a bit confused and she gave him a you-should-have-not-did that-to-Ann- Jerk! look. DD looked quite afraid. He knows her well, she doesn't want her friends to get aggrieved.

" S-sorry MM." he stuttered.

" Just head to their houses." she looked at the road sternly. Even though she was not niche to get angry with him, she still cannot accept the fact, DD did that for over a flirt!

"Well past is past." she muttered.

She didn't realize they were in front of Ann's house.

***

Ann hugged her with delight and so was she.

But Ann frowned when she caught glimpse of DD.

" Why is that jerk in here?" she asked obviously still angry. " You never listened to me, I hope you would get hurt real bad when you know the whole truth!" she scowled at him.

DD scratched his head. " Well, I already did get hurt real bad. I'm here to apologize for what I did last time. Can we be friends again? MM made me realize what kind of girl Emily was. You were right all along..." he said looking on the tiles on the floor.

" Ann, he discovered about it yesterday evening. I saw Emily's phone." MM said.

Ann now looked soft. " Alright I forgive you." she said.

MM was delighted. ! down 1 more to go. She thought.

***

They were driving to Ian's house.

" What are you doing here, man?" Ian scowled at him. Just like Ann did earlier.

" Man, I just wanted to apologized for what I told Ann. I know you really cared for her. And I know you like her very much. I realize the whole thing. I was completely wrong, man. I hop you could forgive me..." he said, looking at the tiles on the floor. Like what he did in Ann's house...

" How about you and Emily? Have you told her already that you want to break up with her?" Ian asked.

" Well, no, I haven't talk to her yet." he said. " I don't have to guts" he mumbled.

Ian chuckled. " I forgive you man! But break up with her as soon as possible! My opinion!" he said.

***
" Amy, book me a flight to U.S." she said.

" Okay Ma'am! For how long?" her secretary asked.

" One week." she said playing with her felt pen.

" When do you wish to go to U.S. Ma'am?" her secretary asked taking down notes.

" Next month. June 19 to 25." she said sternly looking at the view outside. Busy street, 20 floors below.

She heard the door closed. She frowned on the thought of how DD will talk to Emily. She frowned even more on the thought how DD was able to move on that fast.

MM's POV

I stood there in the parking lot waiting for DD's car to arrive. He picked me up and on the road we were as silent as the dead wind outside. Someone must break the ice. And I decided it must be me.

I don't know what to say though. I keep on racking my brain. What so say! Urgh! I give up, my brain cannot supply anything good. Then suddenly my mouth said something. " So, how do you plan on talking to Emily?" I covered my mouth as soon I realize that I said those.

There was a long pause before he decided to talk. " I was working on it." he said. I swear I saw him gripped the steering wheel harder.I spotted something few meters down the road. I told him to turn right. I was expecting him to protest but he didn't. The DD with me right now is completely different.

There was a nearby shop. It's our shop of course. I texted the manager few minutes ago. Luckily, they are still open. I asked him if he still had the bracelet I was saving for him. It was a simple bracelet that my father gave me when I was 8. It has a sentimental value actually. Dad, said gave it to the one I treasure most. Well, I treasure most my parents but Dad said besides them. I wanted to give them to Ann or Fretzie. I had almost gave it to Tee when we were still together. But somehow, something or someone wanted me to give it to DD. I just can't figure why. So, here we are unbuckling our seat belts getting ready to get out of the car. I insisted on going inside myself. I wanted it to be a surprise. I feel like he would be sort of happy when I gave it to him.

DD's POV

I was not in the mood to getting on places. I just want to sulk at home. But I just can't figure out I didn't protest when MM wanted to drop by their jewelry shop. I was still angry on how things went. Emily cheating on me. Sam is her boyfriend. I didn't believe my friends even though they were right. I wondered if I never had a relationship with Emily, will I be still single? Will I be able to get a better girl? The one who will not cheat me? I smirked by the fact that I still did not lose? Why you ask me? Well, because I'm not a weakling. The one who would cry for days and sulk inside their houses. Ran away from their problems. But also being strong can sometimes be a weakness. Well, I can be proud or arrogant at such times. Even evil. I may become a rebel. Haha. Crazy right? Something aren't meant to be and I know that.

I gaze at the translucent door. I wonder what she was doing in there... Maybe something important going on? Company thing? Then, the door opened. I saw her gasping for air when she got back to the car.

" In a hurry huh?" I asked with a smirk on my face. I feel like irritating her as I drove off. Just then I notice a little bag. " What's that?" I was curious to know. " Uh," she hesitated to answer at first. She was looking for answers. I know. I saw her left hand shaking. That's her. Normally her. " Looking for answers eh? For someone special I guess." I grinned.

" Looking good as new huh?!" she said sarcastically. Well, let's see who can win....I chuckled softly.

***
The car was filled with scowling and getting pissed off here and there. But all was about fun.

At the house, MM decided to give it to him tomorrow

***
 It has been a week or two since the whole truth came out. She was in the parking lot waiting for DD.

It was filled with silence, only the cars can be heard in the parking lot. But something had surprised her being.


"MM!" MM heard somebody screeched. MM turned and there the girl was. Her messy hair, exotic make-up(Made of safari colors XD)makes up Emily Reyes. Looking furiously at MM. Her face looked like she attended a funeral that made her cry that bad.

" Cried a river is it?" she said smirking. " You. You. You just feel jealous because DD and I are still together and you and Tee are broke! You made us separate so that you can have chance with him! You are a stealer! You are the reason why DD and I broke up! You poisoned his damn mind! I should've not let you enter his life. You once tried! I had stopped you! I don't know hoe the heck you poisoned his mind but you're doing this to steal him again! You wh*re! You-" Emily was blaming her for all of this.

Emily received a hard slap on her right cheek. MM's dark gaze enter Emily's being. She felt a chill snaked her backbone.

" Don't you dare tell me such things!" MM bellowed. " You are the one who makes the mistakes! You are the one who poisoned his mind saying you love him. But it turns out to be a deception. You are with Sam isn't it?" her voice can be heard in the whole parking lot. " Maybe I had kissed him before, that was the last right?! And I had gotten over him! I was helping him realize what you are. He saw by himself! HE HEARD! It's all your fault not mine! You are not a clean worker. If you wanted to last your relationship with him, you should've used different number and phone to call Sam! You ended it all by yourself! Not me! And FYI! We are just friends!" she scowled at Emily.

Emily stood there frozen on the spot. Before MM left she said, " Learn from your mistakes now! I did a little research, you are getting broke right? So you are planning this all along. To get married with him, have the money for your father's therapy, and it proves you are a GOLD DIGGER! Yeah, maybe you had loved him, but the fact that there are other guys better than DD, you would soon get over him, am I right Ms. Emily Reyes?!"

A car arrived. DD's car. As soon as MM saw it she boarded it. Emily followed MM by her eyes and saw DD's car. As the door closed, Emily began pounding on the window. Begging DD for another chance.

2 comments: